Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Eventually, David gets old. He's ready to retire and collect Social Security.
- So he brings all the political and religious leaders in Israel together and appoints Solomon as his successor.
- David also makes plans for the Levites. Some will serve in the Temple, others will be judges, or gatekeepers, or even temple musicians.
- Aaron's descendants get to be high priests in the Temple and deal with all the day-to-day priestly activities. Moses' descendants will just get folded in with the Levites.
- Back in the day, Levi's tribe was responsible for carrying the Ark around in the wilderness. Now the Ark has a permanent home in the Temple, so their duties will change a little.
- The Levites will be sort of like assistants to the high priests. They'll keep everything in the Temple in order and fetch cronuts and lattes. They just better be kosher cronuts.
More on 1 Chronicles