Advertisement - Guide continues below
King Hezekiah Rules
- Things really turn around when Ahaz's son Hezekiah takes the throne.
- He knows that the country has suffered because his father wasn't faithful to God. Finally, a king who gets it.
- Hezekiah immediately gets the priests and Levites to put everything in order in the Temple. Out with those idols and altars that Ahaz had built.
- Once everything is sanctified, Hezekiah throws a huge party.
- Everyone praises God and atonement sacrifices are offered by the priests. Everything is done exactly the way David would have done it. They even sing David's Greatest Hits.
- So many people brought animals for offerings that the priests had to ask for the Levites' help to sacrifice them all.
- Hezekiah's amazed at what God enabled the people to accomplish so quickly.
More on 2 Chronicles